30 Hours Offer
30 Hours Offer Information at Hollywood Park
Click the link to view our offer Hollywood Park Nursery School 30 hours offer
Click the link to view further information from HM Treasury Your detailed questions about tax-free childcare answered
We are happy to announce we are able to offer a significant number of fully funded 30 hours places!
If you are interested and think you may be entitled please follow the local authority guidance below.
Information on 30 hours entitlement and how to apply
From September 2017 funding for early education for 3 and 4 year old children is changing. http://www.stockport.gov.uk/30hours
All families with a 3 and 4 year old child will still be eligible for the universal offer of free early education of up to 15 hours a week term time or a total of 570 hours taken throughout the year.
Some children will be eligible for extended childcare from this date, which is up to 30 hours a week term time or a total of 1140 hours taken throughout the year.
You will be eligible for 30hours if the criteria below apply to you:
- both parents must be working (or the sole parent is working in a lone parent family), and each parent earns a weekly minimum equivalent to 16 hours at national minimum wage or living wage, and less than £100,000 per year
- working will include employed and self-employed persons
- in general families where one parent does not work (or neither parent works) will not be eligible for these additional hours
- both parents are employed but one or both parents is temporarily away from the workplace on parental, maternity or paternity leave
- both parents are employed but one or both parents is temporarily away from the workplace on adoption leave
- both parents are employed but one or both parents is temporarily away from the workplace on statutory sick pay
- one parent is employed and one parent has substantial caring responsibilities based on specific benefits received for caring or one parent is employed and one parent is disabled or incapacitated based on receipt of specific benefits
What you have to do to apply
Apply for a 15 hours place as usual via www.stockport.gov.uk and click “apply for” and “nursery admissions”.
The government has announced that its Tax Free Childcare scheme will be rolled out gradually from 28 April. Details of this and also the 30 hours offer in England can be found on the new Childcare Choices website which also includes a Childcare Calculator to help families compare the different childcare offers.
Once the portal is open, register and apply for a childcare service account. If eligible you will be issued with a code.
The Online Portal
- Parents will be able to apply for both Tax Free Childcare (Please see separate document to download on our website) and 30 hour free childcare through a joint application system. It will provide a simple journey for all parents and because the criteria are similar, it will avoid the need to provide the same information twice
- Parents will be expected to inform HM Revenue and Customs of any change in circumstance that may affect their eligibility
- If eligibility changes there is a proposed grace period – this is intended to enable children to keep their place if parents become ineligible. More details will be available about the grace period.
Tax free childcare is a new UK wide government scheme to help working parents with the cost of childcare and will be launched from early 2017. As a school we signed up to receive payments from parents using this account. For parents to apply for 30 hours free childcare they will need to open a childcare service account. This is a single online application for both 30 hours and tax free childcare. Please see separate document on our website for more details.
How the offer will be delivered at Hollywood Park ………
Hollywood Park Nursery School Offer Information
Here are examples of 15 hours sessions at Hollywood Park; we try to be a flexible as possible to meet our family’s needs.
Mornings 9.00am to 12.00 pm Monday to Friday
2 ½ days MTW – Monday and Tuesday 9.00 am to 3.00pm
Wednesday 9.00 am to 12.00 pm
2 ½ days WTF – Wednesday 12.00 pm to 3.00 pm
Thursday and Friday 9.00 am to 3.00 pm
2 ½ days TWTh – Tuesday and Wednesday 9.00am to 3.00pm
Thursday 9.00 am to 12.00 pm
30 hours and Other Variations
At Hollywood Park we will be offering a significant number of 30 hours places on a strictly first come, first served basis.
Once you have been formally offered a 15 hours place by the local authority in May, send in your offer email or letter plus your verification code for 30 hours to firstname.lastname@example.org.
School will contact you to let you know if your application was successful in June/July.
The Full 30 hour place hours at Hollywood Park Nursery School will be:
9.00 am to 3.00 pm Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday
(Before 8.00am to 9.00am and Late school care 3.00 pm to 5.30 pm can still be requested, on a paid for by hour basis, on top of these 30 hours)
If you do not require the full 30 hours place, but would still like extended hours on top of the 15 universal hours, Hollywood Park Nursery School could offer other extended services which can be claimed from your childcare account:
To apply for any extended hours sessions through your childcare account the process is the same as above and parents must sign to commit to a term in advance.
Eligibility codes will be checked on a termly basis throughout the year.
Other Providers/Shared care
You can find details of all early years and childcare provision on
www.stockport.gov.uk/childcare. You can search on the bar at the top for your nearest provider via entering your postcode or by provider type. You can then contact them direct to ask about availability.