Resourced Provision Offer
Hollywood Park Nursery School: Resourced Provision
Hollywood Park Nursery School is located in the centre of Stockport. The Nursery School is surrounded by light industry and businesses. Children are able to attend Hollywood Park Nursery School from all over Stockport.
The Nursery School offers the 15 hour free entitlement places on a part week (2 1/2 days) basis or 5 mornings/5 afternoons, if this is more appropriate.
Hollywood Park Nursery School is designated as a Resourced Provision, and as such we also offer 8 places for children with a range of complex needs and/or disabilities children who are referred to us by the SEN panel.
The Resourced Provision is additional to the School Offer described on the Hollywood Park Nursery School website.
Frequently Asked Questions
The children usually come to the Resourced Provision on an assessment place.
During the child’s time in the Resource Provision there will be on-going discussion with Parents/Carers as well as professionals with regards to a referral for statutory assessment for a statement of Special Educational Needs or an Education, Health and Care Plan will need to be made
The Resourced children are supported within the main Nursery School by a team of fully qualified, experienced staff (Educarers) who work alongside them, or on a 1-1 or small group basis as required. Each child is allocated to a Key Person.
Our Resourced children access the whole nursery environment, both indoors and outdoors.
They are fully included within the nursery provision and are supported by 1-1 or in small groups at the most appropriate times of the day according to their individual needs.
Additional support staff are employed on a temporary basis when required for those children who require 1-1 support at all times.
As Hollywood Park Nursery School offers mainstream places for children from across the whole borough of Stockport, as well as places for those with SEN through our Resourced Provision, we are privileged to have children from a wide range of backgrounds and differing abilities who offer a diversity of role models.
This is seen as a positive facet of our provision for both Resourced and mainstream children; as it supports all our children in developing their understanding of the needs of others, tolerance and respect for others. Each Resourced child accesses provision and support appropriate to their individual needs.
Both the Head Teacher and Resourced Teacher/SENCO have experience in meeting the needs of children with a range of SEND.
The nursery staff also have a high level of expertise in dealing with a range of SEND, built up over a number of years.
The Resourced Teacher/SENCO is trained in the use of PECS and all staff are Makaton trained and access other relevant training for children with SEND. As a consequence of this, provision and support for children with ASD, and speech and language difficulties is a strength.
Hollywood Park Nursery School is housed in a large and spacious building allowing children in wheelchairs or with walking frames ease of mobility and manoeuvrability.
For those children with physical needs, the large space is beneficial for practicing and developing their physical skills
All Resourced children have access to a carefully planned, high quality, stimulating learning environment both indoors and outdoors which supports their play and exploration across all areas of Learning and Development appropriate to their individual needs.
Good communication and strong partnership with Parents is achieved through our sensitive approach, daily dialogue and support mechanisms.
For Parents/Carers of children who access School Transport, a Home-School book is established to ensure on-going communication between home and nursery.
There is a disabled toilet and foot activated changing table. The Nursery School also has a portable loop induction system and in the staff room there is a fixed induction loop system.
Our Nursery School has a dedicated Resourced Provision base room. The Resourced Provision room is used in the following ways:
- As the SENCO/Resourced teacher base
- For 1-1 and small group support work
- For the implementation of some aspects of IEPs
- As a ‘calming area’
- For external professionals working with children
- For more specialist resources/equipment
- A small ‘light house’
- A small ‘dark house’
- A variety of light stimuli
- Large mats
- Large wheel
- Soft play shapes
- PECS bags
- A range of language resources
- Vibrating cushions and tubes
- Weighted jackets
- Montessori equipment
The Resourced Provision currently has a large swing for OT stimulus, on loan from the CDU.
- Occupational Therapists The nursery receives input from Occupational Therapists on a regular basis. They observe and work with the children and demonstrate strategies to be used with children according to their individual needs
- Sensory Impaired Service team The nursery is supported by the Sensory Impaired Service
- Speech and Language Therapists The Nursery School currently has input from a speech and language therapist from the CDU for 2 days each week. She supports the Resourced Provision children and liaises with staff, advising on SALT programme implementation;
- Educational Psychologist The Educational Psychologist supports the work of the Resourced Provision in addition to the main Nursery School. She visits at least once every half term to discuss, observe or assess the children. She meets with Parents/Carers and attends relevant Transfer Review meetings. She also writes reports if Statutory Assessment is agreed;
- Epilepsy Nurse Training on epilepsy has been delivered to staff by the Epilepsy Nurse so that staff are able to support the needs of a child currently attending our provision;
- Health Visitors The Nursery School has strong links with Health Visitors involved with any of our children in the Resourced Provision;
- Social Workers The Nursery School has strong links with Social Care and Social Workers involved with any of our children in the Resourced Provision;
- Physiotherapists In the past, Resourced children have received regular input and support from the physiotherapists.
For Parents/Carers of Resourced Provision children who are brought to nursery and collected by School Transport, a Home-School Communication Book is set up to ensure there is an on-going dialogue between home and nursery.
Every child has their own Individual Learning Journey which celebrates their achievements, progress and development. Parents/Carers are able to access and contribute to their child’s Learning Journey using the online learning Journal ‘Tapestry’.
All children’s progress is monitored and tracked at regular intervals during the year and this is also shared with Parents/Carers.
Each Resourced Provision child is supported by an Individual Support Plan which identifies their needs and the strategies implemented by the nursery to support their development.
The ISP is reviewed and shared with Parents/Carers on a regular basis. Parent/Carers views are sought and included in the review and evaluation process.
Transfer Reviews for Resourced Provision children who are due to transfer to Primary School provision the following September are held in November. A further Transfer Review is held with the receiving school once this placement has been confirmed, usually during the Summer Term.
For Resourced Provision children who arrive at Nursery with a Statement or EHC Plan will be subject to an annual statutory review where the child’s developing needs and support will be discussed.
Catherine Armstrong: Head Teacher
or Catherine Armstrong: Resourced Teacher and SENCo
on 0161 480 3913
Catherine are very happy to meet with you to show you around the nursery and talk about your child and how h/she can be supported through our Resourced Provision.
Or you can contact Stockport LA on 0161 474 2525 and the Stockport Local Offer for specific questions, such as access to Transport Policy.