Values and Ethos
At Hollywood Park Nursery School we value the diverse community that we serve. We promote: mutual respect and tolerance of those with different faiths or beliefs, individual liberty, the universal values of democracy, the rules of the law. We believe that for young children this means: learning right from wrong, learning to share and take turns, challenging negative views and stereotypes.
Our Nursery’s ethos is clear in everything we do. It serves as a guide for our conduct and practice in all our work.
We strive to:
- Work in Partnership. We value the Knowledge and experience of Mums, Dad’s and Carers. We work in partnership with other professionals and outside agencies to offer the best support and education to our families.
- Achieve a high standard of care and education. We want every child to achieve their potential and enjoy their time in education. We provide a creative, educational approach to learning through play to support individual growth and achievement. We are committed to the care and education of children with special educational needs and where possible these children will be integrated into main stream
- Create a ‘can-do’ culture. We will ensure that everyone working in the nursery will show qualities of respect, courtesy, kindness and compassion to others whilst offering an innovative professional service that meets the needs of our families.
- Continue our family centred approach. We want all individuals to be valued, develop self-esteem and learn to respect each other. We offer a warm, safe, stimulating and flexible environment where all children and their families are valued.
- Invest in our staff. We work to train and develop our staff to the highest standards. The single most important factor in delivering our aspirations for children is a first class workforce. So we will continue to drive up the quality and capacity of those working in the Nursery